Tuesday 7 May 2013

IE10 breaks RWW

Guess what? A recent update of IE from 9 to 10 stops Remote Web Workplace from working!
One solution is to click the compatibility mode button and thus lets you connect.
However, my rww opened with scroll bars bottom and right - so I assumed it was not a 100% fix.

(I had forgotten to run IE at 100% zoom - as any other zoom will cause the remote page to load with scroll bars - even when set to Full Screen).

So I UNinstalled the IE10 update (Hint: Use the Search box on the Installed Updates to quickly find the "Internet Explorer 10" update.)
Voila.
Here's a picture of the cause and the effect ;)

Oh, and you may need to HIDE the IE10 update form Windows Updates or else it will rise like a Phoenix to haunt you!

(This screenshot shows the AutoUpdate of IE10 and later Unticked..but it was ticked by defaulkt when I first encountered it)


IE10

No comments:

Post a Comment